Date & Time
February 15, 2018
1:00 – 2:30 PM
Bill 148 is the first major change to the Employment Standards Act. Most know about the changes to the minimum wages going up to $14/hour, but there are many more changes.
Regardless of your size of business, even one eplouee, the Risk to Business and Business Owners is heavy penalties for non-compliance as well as impact to workplace culture.
In this session, Hilda explains the impacts of Bill 148 and how to make the changes needed, with tips, tools and strategies. Ample opportunity for Q and A will be given at the end.
What you will learn:
- minimum wages and equal pay for equal work
- employees vs. independent contractors
- increases in leaves of absences
- increased penalties for non-compliance
- increase to number of ESA officers monitoring compliance
Please Note that you must
pre-register for this event.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds or credits will only be issued if the reservation is cancelled 72 hours prior to the event. An administration fee of $10 will be charged for any refund or credit processed.